Too many women get all dressed up for work and their hair ruins their image. If you are having a bad hair day, it can ruin your day, too. Take any measures necessary to get, keep and maintain a hairstyle that works for you, not against you.
Here are some smart tips that are sure to help you choose that hair style that works for you:
- Dirty or uncombed hair is not appropriate in any business situation – wind-blown, messy on-purpose looks are different than uncombed hair. How? One looks uncared for, the other should look stylish.
- If you are wearing your hair like you did when you were in high school or in college, the style is more than likely no longer as enhancing and contemporary as it could be.
- Hair that has no movement (sprayed until frozen) is not smart.
- Find a hair stylist who will help you choose the hairstyle that works for you.
- A great haircut is only as good as you can make it look on a daily basis – get one that you can manage.
- Find someone who can cut well – consistently. A good haircut may cost as little as $15 – a good hairstyle may (but not necessarily) cost more, but once you have your hair styled, you can have it maintained by anyone who cuts you well. Show it to the person who will be maintaining your hair within the first week or two when it was styled.
- “Spiked” or highly gelled hair is fine if it looks normal, or is expected in your business environment.
- And the last, but not the least: make sure you use salon hair products of good quality to take care of your hair. Damaged or thin hair might benefit from Kerastase hair products, Aveda products, or Brazilian Blowout, especially during summer time. Check out professional hair products for female hair loss, if you are facing this problem.
Remember, your hair is part of your image. So choose the hairstyle that really works for you!